With the correct care (you can find tips on shoe care here) leather boots/shoes will keep going forever, either with or without Gore-Tex® lining. Gore-Tex® footwear with a fabric upper is not as robust as leather footwear but it does have the advantage of being lighter and more flexible.
Articles in this section
- Which models are best for which application?
- I often hear talk of a 'last", what is it?
- What is better, leather footwear or footwear with a Gore-Tex® membrane?
- Which lasts longer, a shoe with or without GORE-TEX® lining?
- What features should Via Ferrata footwear have?
- Can I use Hanwag Via Ferrata Boots on a glacier trip?
- Can I use my trekking boots/shoes for Via Ferratas?
- How do I search for an item?