In principle: Yes/No! (See above: What features should via ferrata footwear have?) It depends on the difficulty of the climbing and your own ability. Trekking shoes are designed for long periods of walking; they have a wider cut and a softer sole. To illustrate the point here’s a comparison, if a trekking boot were a comfortable arm chair, a rock climbing shoe would be the less comfortable driver’s seat of a Ferrari.
Articles in this section
- Which models are best for which application?
- I often hear talk of a 'last", what is it?
- What is better, leather footwear or footwear with a Gore-Tex® membrane?
- Which lasts longer, a shoe with or without GORE-TEX® lining?
- What features should Via Ferrata footwear have?
- Can I use Hanwag Via Ferrata Boots on a glacier trip?
- Can I use my trekking boots/shoes for Via Ferratas?
- How do I search for an item?